Terms and Conditions
Access to and use of our website, ‘buchanroots.scot’, both within the United Kingdom and internationally is provided by the Family History Society of Buchan (FHSB) on the following terms:
1. By using buchanroots.scot you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of buchanroots.scot. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to buchanroots.scot.
2. The FHSB may change these terms from time to time and so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of buchanroots.scot will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using this web site. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific local terms appearing elsewhere on buchanroots.scot (including the Society’s Constitution or the Office of Scottish Charities Regulator (OSCR) rules) then the latter shall prevail.
3. You agree to use buchanroots.scot only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of buchanroots.scot. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within buchanroots.scot.
4. All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on buchanroots.scot and all content (including all applications) located on the site shall remain vested in the FHSB or its licensors (which includes other users). You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use buchanroots.scot content in any way except for your own personal, noncommercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any buchanroots.scot content except for your own personal, noncommercial use. Any other use of buchanroots.scot content requires the prior written permission of the FHSB.
5. The names, images and logos identifying the FHSB or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of the FHSB and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any license or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of the FHSB or any other third party.
6. By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with the FHSB you agree to grant to the FHSB, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons) for FHSB services in any media worldwide (including on the FHSBs site accessed by international users).
7. Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
8. In order that the FHSB can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any UK or Scottish laws, that you have the right to give the FHSB permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent / guardian if they are under 16.
9. We normally show your name with your contribution, unless you request otherwise, but for operational reasons this is not always possible. The FHSB may need to contact you for administrative or verification purposes in relation to your contribution, or in relation to particular projects.
10. Please do not endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or break any laws when creating content you may share with the FHSB.
11. If you do not want to grant the FHSB the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution to or with buchanroots.scot.
12. If you have any questions about contributing content to the FHSB, please contact the Chair, on the email address given on the contacts page who will advise you on behalf of the FHSB Trustees.
13. The majority of content posted in buchanroots.scot is created by its members who by definition are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the FHSB. The FHSB is not responsible for any content posted by members of the public on buchanroots.scot or for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through buchanroots.scot. Any links to third party websites from buchanroots.scot do not amount to any endorsement of that site by the FHSB and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
14. All buchanroots.scot content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to the FHSB, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis. To the extent permitted by law, the FHSB excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. The FHSB does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the website or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content provided by the FHSB is correct at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of the FHSB for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the website.
15. Nothing in these terms limits or excludes the FHSB’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its proven negligence. Subject to the previous sentence, the FHSB shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of buchanroots.scot regardless of the form of action.
16. The FHSB do not warrant that functions available on buchanroots.scot will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that buchanroots.scot or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
17. The Trustees of the FHSB are all British Citizens and/or residents of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and for the purpose of this web site only consider themselves subject to Scots, British or European Law unless specified elsewhere.
Copyright (c) 2008 – 2015 Family History Society of Buchan
All Rights Reserved